Well, the NBA season has arrived and you didn’t get a preview here. The reason? I honestly don’t know enough about most teams to make anything more the blindsided projections and I’m not sure how many more ways someone can write that the Pistons need to replace Ben Wallace.
It also doesn’t help that I’m a bitter Knicks fan. (It’s true; I even own a pair of Starbury's.)
If you want to, you can check out some outstanding analysis on The Association here, here and especially here. Just don’t forget to come back here.
Here’s what I do know…
- Miami may have lost by 100 last night, but they will not lose more than eight Eastern Conference games this season.
- Larry Brown was more of a problem in New York than Steph or Isiah last year. 41-41 will get them to the playoffs.
- All through his senior year in high school, people told Sebastian Telfair to learn from Omar Cook’s mistakes. He didn’t.
- The Portland Trail Blazers have a chance to be historically bad.
- Larry Hughes' health (either way) will mean very little to the Cavs success.
- If he’s not busy stealing Jason Kidd’s wallet (or laptop), Marcus Williams will learn a lot from one of the greatest point guards ever. Williams is on his way to a remarkable career.
- Half the league is unwatchable, making NBA league pass completely overrated.
- If I did own the League Pass however, I’d pay attention to most of Orlando’s games. They’re my sleeper for the year.
- The Suns will flop worse than Lloyd Banks. (Hell yeah, that’s Scoop Jackson quality stuff right there)
- Even Renaldo Balkman is shocked that he's on an NBA roster.