The Best Gimmick Ever

Tuesday






Come on. Admit it. At some point in your life, you followed, maybe worshipped, wrestling.

I know; you’re embarrassed. Wrestling is like a secret fetish. You might really enjoy it, but admitting it could hurt your sex life… (Awkward)

Its okay, you are not alone. There are others who loved Hulk Hogan, or thought Bret got screwed, or hated Shawn Michaels for throwing Marty Janety through the barbershop’s window.

I always thought the best part of wrestling was the gimmicks. Unfortunately, they have kind of lost their luster. You will never see an Ultimate Warrior or Honky Tonk Man again.

The sport has been taken over by real name only guys who identify much more with pop culture. I guess that Doink the Clown and Kamala didn’t mesh well with viewers.

Anyway, I recently had my first “who would win?” conversation about wrestlers in a long time and came up with a great idea.

I decided that it might be interesting to write about a fantasy “who would win?” tournament.

So I will.

I added a little catch. The wrestler has to have had at least two different gimmicks in their career.

I picked 32 of my favorite wrestlers or the guys with best storylines making for and NCAA tournament style 64 total because they are using two different gimmicks.

In the coming days and weeks, I will be writing reports about matches I created between all of these characters.

When all is said and done, we will crown the winner as having “The Best Gimmick Ever.”

The tournament starts tomorrow. Be sure to check back.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP