Joe Girardi: Big Yankee Jackass

Tuesday

In his first major move as Florida Marlins manager, Joe Girardi has decided that his team will be required to shave any facial hair they might have before pitchers and catchers report on February 18.

If they are going to play like little leaguers, they might as well look like them too.

I understand Joe wants to make his presence felt and I know he came from the George Steinbrenner school of how to dominate your players, but doesn’t he have more important things to worry about?

For instance, can Dontrelle Willis play left field on days that he isn’t pitching?

Or, how can I expect anything from my team when the most experienced player in my lineup’s name is Pokey?

Best of all, how do I remember the names of all these pitchers that even I could have lit up in my day?

Good stuff Joe, good stuff.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP