Barry Bonds, Alleged Devil

Saturday

I went on a mini-vacation for a few days and came back to learn what I thought everybody already assumed: Barry Bonds probably took steroids.

I finally got the chance to take in the Sports Illustrated article chronicling his alleged roid use and I came away feeling a little misled by…well everybody.

To me, the article was nothing more than hearsay with some of Bonds’ grand jury testimony thrown in. It proved nothing. The woman who Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams get their information from is a disgruntled mistress that is pissed off because Bonds didn’t follow through on a promise to buy her a home.

I’d rather hear more from Jose Canseco than read a playground gossip book by two guys who found dirt in the wrong place. I love Deadspin, but Fainaru-Wada and Williams are hardly a sports version of Woodward and Bernstein.

I know Bonds is a terrible guy. I do not doubt he threatened the girl. I do believe he juiced. I just think that this whole definitive proof thing was at the very least deceiving.

We have to stick to the facts when we call out an entire generation of ball players, including one of the best in any generation. For the most part, that article failed to do so.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP