Steve Nash Rules the World

Wednesday

It seems that single handedly leading a team to the playoffs or being the best player on the best team in the league won’t win you the MVP in the NBA.

The Arizona Republic is reporting that Steve Nash will win the award that won’t officially be announced until early May. Nash finished ahead of LeBron James, Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant, three players who I thought would all receive more votes than him.

Nash, the defending MVP, is without question the best point guard in the league and put up better numbers than he did last season but I feel as though his team succeeds more because of the system they play in rather than from his ability to create.

The Suns keep it very simple. Run, shoot, play no defense, repeat. I can’t see where he has more of an impact on the game than James or Bryant. I would have given Billups the award before him as well because he was the leader of the best team in the NBA but that’s just me.

In winning the MVP, Nash gives hope to short Canadians everywhere that they too will one day be able to play in the NBA.

They just need to pay $30 and follow his instructional video.

Source: Nash to be MVP – The Arizona Republic
Nash To Win MVP – RotoScopp
Steve Nash MVP Basketball

1 comments:

twins15 3:15 AM, April 27, 2006  

Completely agreed. Last year, I thought Shaq was the MVP but there weren't a lot of good candidates... this year I had Nash at #5 and I thought that was a little generous.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP