Who wants to fight Mutombo?

Friday

In keeping with the tall men from Africa theme, Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean Jacque Wamutombo (I actually know someone who can say all of that) is back in the news after a fan called him “Mutombo the Monkey” Thursday night.

Mutombo had the fan ejected but said he was very close to going into the stands himself and handling business. He went on to say that if the NBA fines him, the next person to give him trouble will feel his wrath.

“If they fine me, I will go straight to the stands next time and fuck (I think he said fuck) somebody up.”

I’m not exactly sure what that would solve and it would probably result in a Ron Artest-like suspension, but how would it not be one of the ten greatest moments in the history of time?

While you can’t blame him for being pissed, it’s pretty surprising that he would let one guy bother him so much over something he’s probably heard throughout his career. He must know that plenty of players get it much worse than he does.

Mutombo nearly goes into stands – Houston Chronicle

1 comments:

Ian C. 6:38 AM, October 27, 2006  

Not that I would encourage such a thing, but I have to admit that the visual of the 7-2 Mutumbo running into the stands and trying to navigate his way toward the heckler is making me smile this morning.

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP